Thursday, March 8, 2012

Tried and True Chocolate Chip Cookies


I have been searching for YEARS for the perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe.  Now, I know my idea of perfect and yours MAY be different.  Therefore I will start by saying that my idea of the perfect cookie is soft, chewy and SUPER THICK.  I hate puddle cookies.  Hate em!  And through the many years of searching, I have finally found my favorite thus far.  This recipe is ALL over Pinterest right now, and I must admit, I can see why...

The Ingredients:
3/4 c. unsalted butter, softened
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. sugar
1 egg
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
milk chocolate chips, as many as you like

The Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cream together butter, brown sugar and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add the egg and vanilla and beat to combine.  Combine the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt and add to wet ingredients.  Mix to combine and stir in the chocolate chips.  Chill dough for 30 minutes (optional).  Use a small cookie scoop and drop dough onto a greased cookie sheet.  Bake 8-10 minutes or until barely golden around the edges.  The key is to NOT overbake.  

If you want crispy cookies, omit the cornstarch and replace the baking soda with baking powder.

No comments: