Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Italian Au Jus Sammies

This recipe was given to me from my step-mother-in-law.  She swears she isn't much of a cook, and this recipe tells me otherwise.  Such a quick (prep), easy, and ridiculously TASTY meal!

The Ingredients:
1 chuck roast (3-6 pounds)
1 packet Au Jus Seasoning Mix
1 packet Italian Dressing Mix
1 can beef broth (or 2 cups water and 2 bouillon cubes)

The Instructions:
Place the roast in the bottom of your crock pot.  Sprinkle seasoning packets over roast, then pour broth over all.  Cook on low for 6-9 hours (depending on how frozen the roast is).  Pull the cooked meat out of the crock pot and shred (I use my kitchen aid and the cookie paddle for about 10 seconds on low). Add back to the crock pot and serve with hoagie rolls and provolone cheese.

No comments: