Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sweet and Sour Meatballs

This recipe was given to me by a neighbor about a year ago. It was a family favorite the moment I put it on the table. This is one of the few foods I can get both my girls to eat. Thanks Lori!

The ingredients:
Meatballs
1 lb. extra lean ground beef
1 egg, slightly beaten
dash of pepper
1/3 c. milk
1/3 c. chopped onion
3/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 c. rolled oats

Sauce
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. prepared mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 c. vinegar
1/4 c. barbeque sauce (I prefer Honey BBQ)

The instructions:
Combine all the ingredients for meatballs; mix well. Form into 2" balls. Place in a casserole dish in single layer. Cover with sauce. Combine all sauce ingredients and blend thoroughly. Heat and pour over meatballs. Bake at 350* for 30 minutes. Serve over rice.

((Sometimes I forgo the meatballs and just brown up some ground beef, once cooked I add the sauce to the skillet and let simmer for a few minutes...))

No comments: