Sunday, November 30, 2008

Crock Pot Chili

Since I am sharing some of my favorite Sunday dinners, I figured I would add this one in as well. I adapted this recipe 5 years ago or so. It is a family favorite at my house.

The ingredients:
1 lb. Ground meat (turkey, hamburger, or pork)
1 lb. Sausage
2 cans Beans (whatever you have on hand…I like black beans)
1 can Tomato sauce
1 Bell pepper, diced
1 can Tomatoes
2 cups Diced fresh tomatoes (or another can)
½ cup Onion flakes (or one fresh onion, diced small)
1 clove Garlic
1 package chili seasoning or 4 Tbs. Chili powder


The instructions:
Brown meat, and add to crock-pot. Add all other ingredients, and let simmer on low for about 6 hours. Serve with tortilla chips, and cheese.

(Feel free to add more spice if you like it hot, or if you have hot sensitive kids, add a bit of sour cream to their bowl to tone down the spice a bit.)

No comments: