Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Bran Muffins

I know this seems odd- but I do love Bran Muffins! They taste so good when heated up and served with a bit of butter. I am contemplating adding some bananas to the batter before baking. I ate one of these every morning of my first pregnancy. So tasty with the breakfast smoothie to accompany it!

The ingredients:
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbs baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups All Bran Cereal
1 1/4 cup milk
1 egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil

The instructions:
In large mixing bowl combine Cereal and milk. Let stand until cereal is soft. In a smaller bowl sift together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt (I add it all to the bowl and use a wire whisk to combine). Add eggs and oil to the cereal. Beat well. Add flour mixture stirring only until combined. Scoop into 12 paper lined muffin cups. Bake at 400ºF for 20 minutes. Store uneaten muffins in a ziplock bag for up to one week (room temperature). These freeze well.

No comments: