Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Chicken and Black Eyed Peas

It is that time of year when I find myself extra busy, with too much on my plate and not enough time in my day. So, of course, I have a very good relationship with my crock pot! There is nothing quite so nice as preparing your dinner early in the day and then not needing to worry about it anymore! This recipe is simple, and delicious! A true family favorite. My daughters especially love the "beans" (black eyed peas).

The ingredients:
1 (16-oz.) can diced tomatoes
2 tsp. salt
1 (16-oz.) can black eyed peas, drained and rinsed
2 tsp. rosemary
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 (8-oz.) can tomato sauce
1 bone in chicken (whole or cut into pieces)
1/4 c. water

The instructions:
Mix everything together in crock pot and cook on high for 1 hour then on low for 6 more. OR- Cook in pressure cooker until rocking, turn down heat and allow to rock for 15-20 minutes. Serve over rice.

(It is pretty heavy on the rosemary- feel free to cut it back if you don't love rosemary as much as we do!)

No comments: